While Riley is away, Marc and Dan go over the new recreational drone regulations in Canada, including weight, height restrictions, and proximity to people/buildings/animals; Uber's self-driving cars aren't as autonomous as we assumed, they said goodbye to their president, and they might be coming to Manitoba; Super Mario Run is coming to Android on March 23; Google Home isn't as good as we'd hoped it would be.
-Netflix is changing the star rating to a thumbs-up/down;
-Netflix is launching a button for skipping opening credits;
-Spotify may restrict major album releases to paying customers only;
-A guy built a home automation system based on the Ocarina from Zelda.
Dan— NOT Egg, Inc
- New rules for flying recreational drones in Canada revealed | CBC News
- Report: Uber’s autonomous cars drove 20,354 miles and had to be taken over at every mile | Recode — Some of Uber’s self-driving cars aren’t driving as smoothly as the company hoped they would.
- Uber President Jeff Jones Quits Amid Company Scandals | NPR — After less than a year as president of Uber, Jeff Jones is leaving the embattled ride-hailing company, Uber confirms.
- Uber, union legislation to be revealed Monday | CBC News — The speculation over legislation pertaining to unions, tuition caps and even Uber's entry into the Manitoba market is expected to end on Monday when the Progressive Conservatives introduce a swath of much-anticipated bills in the afternoon.
- Super Mario Run is coming to Android on March 23rd | The Verge — Android users will get version 2.0.0 upon release, while iPhone users will get an update to the version on the same day. The update will add some new playable characters to the game.
- Ron Amadeo on Twitter: "A re-review of Google Home, 7 months in | Twitter
- Where to buy the LG G6 in the U.S. | Android Central
- Netflix is ditching five-star ratings in favor of a thumbs-up | The Verge
- Netflix is testing a button for skipping the opening credits | The Verge
- Spotify may restrict major album releases to its paid subscribers | Android Central
- Zelda Ocarina Of Time Controlled Home Automation | YouTube